- A neural network based on plastic memristors: http://phys.org/news/2016-01-scientists-neural-network-plastic-memristors.html
- Is deep learning over-hyped? http://www.kdnuggets.com/2016/01/deep-learning-overhyped.html … My opinion: yes!
- "Correlation does not imply causation" http://www.kdnuggets.com/2016/02/data-scientists-keep-forgetting-one-rule.html … Right up there with "Sharks don't like cold water"
- What is Business Intelligence? http://www.datasciencecentral.com/profiles/blogs/what-is-business-intelligence … I think most BI applications need some kind of data mining
- Importance of explaining models: http://www.kdnuggets.com/2016/02/peering-into-black-box.html … Motivation for ANN fuzzy rule extraction, like in my thesis https://ourarchive.otago.ac.nz/handle/10523/1489
- Future of robotics: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/6-ways-the-robot-revolution-will-transform-the-future-of-work/ … - moving the processing to the cloud will be a big shift
Friday, February 5, 2016
Weekly Review 5 February 2016
Some interesting links that I Tweeted about in the last week: