The International Neural Network Society's Awards Program is established to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions in the field of Neural Networks. Up to three awards, at most one in each category, of $1,000 each, are presented annually to senior, highly accomplished researchers for outstanding contributions made in the field of Neural Networks.
The Hebb, Helmholtz and Gabor Awards:
The Hebb Award - recognizes achievement in biological learning.
The Helmholtz Award - recognizes achievement in sensation/perception.
The Gabor Award - recognizes achievement in engineering/application.
Young Investigator Awards:
Up to two awards of $500 each are presented annually to individuals with no more than five years postdoctoral experience and who are under forty years of age, for significant contributions in the field of Neural Networks.
1. The Awards Committee should receive nominations of no more than two pages in length, specifying:
- The award category (Hebb, Helmholtz, Gabor, or Young Investigator) for which the candidate is being nominated.
- The reasons for which the nominee should be considered for the award.
- A list of at least five of the nominee's important and published papers.
3. The nominator must be an INNS member in good standing. Nominees do not have to be INNS members. If an award recipient is not an INNS member, they shall receive a free one-year INNS membership.
4. Nominators may not nominate themselves or their family members.
5. Individuals may not receive the same INNS Award more than once.
All nominations will be considered by the Awards Committee and selected ones forwarded to the INNS Board of Governors, along with the Committee's recommendations for award recipients. Voting shall be performed by the entire BoG.
The Awards Committee:
INNS Award Committee consists of the chair (Prof. Leonid Perlovsky) and two other members. All members must be INNS Governors in the year that they are appointed.
Please email the 2014 nominations along with their attachments directly to the chair of the Awards Committee at email@example.com, with a copy to the Secretary of the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2013. Please use the following subject line in the email: INNS award nomination.